The AT&T Galaxy S7 Active is getting the August Security patch update too. The roll out just followed shortly right after AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 similar release. The update came out as build version G891AUCS1APH1, a minor OTA update if we may think but it carries around 56 Google and 8 Samsung patches in order to improve our customer’s confidence on security of Samsung Mobile devices, according to Android Security bulletin.
What’s New in Update build UCS1APH1:
The update includes
- Android device security enhancements
What are the Technical details?
AT&T Galaxy S7 Active (SM-G891A)
- Android version: 6.0.1
- Android Security Patch Level (SPL): August 1, 2016
- Baseband Version: G891AUCS1APH1
- Kernel Version: 3.18.20-8737252 dpi@SWDD5606 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 8 13:14:36 KST 2016
- Build Number: MMB29M.G891AUCS1APH1
The Over-The-Air OTA update weighs at 60.6 MB in size, it’s one of the smallest update you might ever have in your device.
How to update the Galaxy S7 Active via Over-The-Air:
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network first, or make sure it has a strong Wireless network connection. This approach requires you to prepare a strong WiFi connection, and so it might happen sometimes that one did not receive any software update notification messages; (1) If and when the device is out of range during the software update roll out period, (2) Automatic update has been turned off in the device Settings.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- You’ve successfully updated your software.