AT&T Galaxy S7 active users will now also enjoys the Wi-FI calling features of the device. Today, AT&T has started deploying an OTA update that will enable the Wi-FI Calling support. The update also brings and the Advanced Messaging, Messages Backup and Sync feature, and the July security patches, according to AT&T.
Once the update is made, you may then notice that the Wi-Fi calling is added to the quick notification settings. When toggling it on it will brought you to a setup wizard asking you to update your physical address for emergency service.
This update carries the build version number G891AUCU1APG7 and weighs at about 280MB in size.
What’s New in G891AUCU1APG7 Update:
- Adds WiFi calling
- Advanced Messaging Services
- Other Enhancements
What are the Technical details:
AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A
- Android version: 6.0.1
- Android security Patch level: July 1, 2016.
- Baseband version: G891AUCU1APG7
- Kernel version: 3.18.20-8737252, Thu Jul 21 2016
- Build number: MMB29M.G891AUCU1APG7
The update is live via Over-The-Air OTA update and thru Samsung Smart Switch for PC. The roll out will take place in stages, so it might arrive on some devices much earlier, while others might also be late.
How to update the Galaxy S7 Active via Over-The-Air:
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network first, or make sure it has a strong Wireless network connection. This approach requires you to prepare a strong WiFi connection, and so it might happen sometimes that one did not receive any software update notification messages; (1) If and when the device is out of range during the software update roll out period, (2) Automatic update has been turned off in the device Settings.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- You’ve successfully updated your software.
Source: AT&T [S7 active]