AT&T Galaxy S7 Active is getting an OTA update that will move its current Android Marshmallow OS to version G891AUCU2APK2. The update is quite similar to the AT&T’s Galaxy S7 and S7 edge update last week that brings some new features. The newly added feature is the Full Screen mode on Mobile Video Service, while also includes the volume improvements to Enhanced Push to Talk, and a bug fix for Voice Mail when it fails calling over non-LTE devices. The Milk Music application is going to be removed permanently.
In addition, this update is also packed with another Android device security patch updates, to which now bumps the Android security patch level to November 1, 2016.
AT&T Galaxy S7 Active (SM-G891A) Update Details:
- Full Screen- Mobile Video Service
- Android Security patches move to November 1, 2016
- Improved volume for Enhanced Push to Talk (ePPT)
- Fix for calls failing to go to Voice Mail when calling non LTE devices
- Removed Milk Music
- General bug fixes and other system enhancements
Technical details :
|Android version||Marshmallow 6.0.1|
|Android security patch level||November 1, 2016|
The Over-The-Air OTA update weighs at approximately 400 MB in file size.
How to update the Galaxy S7 Active via Over-The-Air:
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network first, or make sure it has a strong Wireless network connection. This approach requires you to prepare a strong WiFi connection, and so it might happen sometimes that one did not receive any software update notification messages; (1) If and when the device is out of range during the software update roll out period, (2) Automatic update has been turned off in the device Settings.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- You’ve successfully updated your software.
via AT&T S7 active support page